About Kassavirtanen.fi service

Frequently asked questions

  • How much does the start and use of the service cost?

    Registering and starting is free. You will pay for the services only if you raise your salary. Our service fee is 3% of the VAT-free sum of the salary.

  • Can I start using service without commitments?

    Yes, you can start using our service without commitments or monthly payments. The user of the service commit to follow Kassavirtanen's terms of use.

  • Can I work in multiple fields?

    Yes, as many as you wish!

  • Can I invoice you as a light entrepreneur even if I am an entrepreneur?

    If you are an entrepreneur and have your own business ID, unfortunately you cannot invoice through Kassavirtanen.

    If you are an entrepreneur and you want to hire an employee, the employee can also use our invoicing service for that. This allows you to get workforce quickly and without any commitments.

  • Can I get a Valtti Card through you?

    If necessary, you can get the Valtti card through us, which costs 41,17e to order (we do not charge any additional costs for this). If you need the Valtti card, please notify our customer service and include the following information:

    • Clear face image
    • Your whole name
    • Tax number (can be found on the tax card)
    • Note! The tax number must be registered in the public tax number registry.

    We will send the Valtti card to you as soon as we have received the necessary information and payment from the invoice.

  • How does the invoicing happen in practice?

    Invoicing is easy, thanks to our easy invoicing template. The client's information is entered into the template and the invoice sender's information is supplemented. The template gives you clear instructions and by following them the billing process will be easy and fast !

  • How fast will the invoice be forwarded?

    The invoice will be sent to the customer right away after approving it in the Kassavirtanen service. You will always get a copy of the invoice to your email address.

  • How quickly I can receive my Quick Pay salary?


    Invoices with the Quick Pay function are checked within our customer service hours. A separate request for confirmation of the invoice will always be sent to the email of the contact person you have specified. After the checking process, the Quick Pay salary can be raised, unless there are reasons for rejecting it. We will always contact the customer in case the Quick Pay salary cannot be raised.
  • When can I charge without VAT?


    The services you charge through 'Kassavirtanen' should, by default, include VAT. For more information on the different VAT rates, see the tax authorities' website.

    Only sole traders or companies operating under their own business ID may invoice at 0% VAT if their annual income is less than 15 000€. In addition, those subject to reverse charge in the construction sector can invoice at 0% VAT under certain conditions.

    The VAT can either be added to the cost of the work by the contractor or included in the price of the work. The gross salary paid to your account is always the tax-free amount on the invoice.

  • What to do if my customer is on a construction industry and the invoice should be covered by the reverse VAT?

    When you are creating an invoice, choose the option ”I offer construction services (VAT 0%)” and also update VAT % to 0. After that, the invoice will contain a sentence: "On section Arvonlisäverolaki 8 c § provides that the purchaser of a construction service is subject to VAT."

  • My invoice is incorrect. How can I create a refund invoice?

    You can undo a faulty invoice with a credit note. Create a credit note by pressing the round arrow icon on the line of the invoice you have sent. The system will automatically create a credit note, which will cancel the previously sent invoice as soon as you send it.

    Please note that it is not possible to create a partial credit invoice, the amount of the invoice must be the same as the original invoice.

  • How and when will I add costs and reimbursements to my invoice?

    You can add costs and expenses easily in create new invoice view by pressing ”Add costs” or ”Add allowances” button. You can create cost/expense also from ”Costs and expenses” page and add it to your invoice later.

  • How are the costs reimbursed?

    The costs associated with the invoice are deducted before the payroll is calculated so no tax or insurances is paid. Documents of costs must also be provided. Missing document may extend your payroll processing time.

    NB! You may be reimbursed for your supplies, materials and travel expenses in your personal tax return. For expenses not specified on your invoice, you can apply for a deduction for earning income..

  • What costs can I deduct from taxation?

    When using Kassavirtanen, you can deduct YEL contributions and expenses along with the allowances not itemised on the invoice. You can deduct expenses on your personal tax return by filling a form on deductions for your earnings and include it in your tax return.

  • Can I charge my customer in cash?

    Unfortunately we do not accept cash payments.

  • Can I invoice foreign companies?

    Yes you can. When invoicing a foreign company VAT is always 0 % since these companies are not part of the Finnish taxing system. Also remember to mention the VAT number of the foreign compnay in the invoice you are sending.

  • How do I know if my customer has already paid the invoice?

    The status of the invoice will turn into "Paid" when the payment has been registered in our system and the salary is ready to be raised.

  • When will my salary be paid?

    Your salary will be paid to your account after payments arrive to our system, unless your salary is specifically selected for a quick pay. We will notify the user when the payment has arrived and the salary is ready to be cashed out. Wages move like normal bank transfers, with inter-bank transfer times and office hours affecting pay. Payments usually take 1-4 business days to appear in your account after the customer has paid the invoice.

  • Why haven't I received my salary yet?

    You can always see the salaries that can be raised on the “Salaries” page. You will also receive a notification of the payable salaries in your e-mail. If you have not received your salary, there may be several reasons for this:

    1. Your customer has not yet paid the invoice. Note! Many customers will schedule payment until the due date of the invoice.
    2. Your customer has paid the invoice, but we can’t see the payment yet on our Kassavirtanen bank account. For this reason, we have not paid your salary. We’re using a Nordea bank, so money moves more slowly between different banks. Money only moves on banking days (not holidays or weekends) usually with a bank delay of 1-3 days.
    3. The invoice has been paid with incorrect information.
    4. We need a statement of your costs. We have tried to contact you regarding this.
    Please contact our customer service if you have any problems with your salary.

  • Why my salary is less than the amount I invoiced?

    The salary is determined by the tax-free amount of the invoice. For this reason, your salary is not the same as you invoice your customer. We deduct the service fee (3%) + VAT from the invoiced sum. In addition to this, also accident and liability insurance (1,5%), YEL-insurance or Quick pay (2.5%) if you have chosen these to use. Also, we will deduct the withholding tax according to your tax card. You will see the total calculation before you raise your salary.

    You can also calculate an estimate of your salary before invoicing with our salary calculator.

  • How do I submit a tax card, and which tax card should I use?

    Always use the tax card you received from the Tax Administration. You can use a tax card for other employers at the same time as Kassavirtanen. Once you have filled in the necessary personal information in your billing profile, we automatically receive the tax card information from the tax authorities, so you don’t need to submit your tax card to us separately. 

  • When will my tax rate be updated?

    Always use the tax card you received from the MyTax -service. You can then update your tax rate in your billing profile under the "Own information" tab, from section "Tax card". When you click on "Update", our system will automatically retrieve the updated tax rate from the tax authorities' database.

  • Is my client eligible for the household expenses tax credit?

    Your customer is entitled to a tax credit for household expenses if you are working in his/her home or holiday home. Such work includes for example cleaning, nursing and care or decorating and renovations. The tax credit for household expenses is granted only on the part of the expenses relating to work not on travel expenses or supplies.
    Read more: Vero.fi.

  • Can I operate as a light entrepreneur even if I am unemployed?

    You can start as a light entrepreneur when you are unemployed.

    The full or part-time nature of entrepreneurship is not assessed during the first four months. If you are a part-time entrepreneur, you are also eligible to adjusted unemployment benefits. After 4 months the full or part-time nature of entrepreneurship is assessed, and your eligibility to unemployment benefits is defined again based on this. Read more: Te-palvelut.fi

    • Do I need any obligatory insurance?

      Kassavirtanen service fee includes accident, legal expenses and liability insurance. Accident, legal expenses and liability insurance are available only for persons who officially reside in Finland and belong to the Finnish social security system.

    • What does the accident insurance cover?

      Accident insurance shall pay compensation in the event of an accident, in accordance with the terms, insurance and amounts applicable at the time of the work performed through the service.

      If you are working in a profession which requires separate insurance by law, the accidental insurance provided by Kassavirtanen does not apply.

      Accident insurance is available only for persons who officially reside in Finland and belong to the Finnish social security system.

    • What does the liability insurance cover?

      Liability Insurance covers damages up to 1 000 000 euros in accordance with the terms of the insurance. The deductible of the insured for the damages is 1 200 euros. Liability insurance doesn't replace activities that require separate insurance cover in accordance with the accidents at work and occupational diseases act.

      Liability insurance is available only for persons who officially reside in Finland and belong to the Finnish social security system.

    • How much the liability and accident insurances cost?

      The insurance costs nothing, as all Kassavirtanen's light entrepreneurs are automatically insured with assignments.

    • Do I need any other additional insurances?

      Please contact your insurance provider to find out insurances from our partner insurance company Fennia customer service. Remember to inform that you are working through Kassavirtanen as a light entrepreneur.

    • Do I accumulate pension?

      The users of Kassavirtanen should be paying YEL insurance to accumulate pension. This means that the users are themselves responsible for getting and paying the insurance, so the user does not automatically accumulate pension as working through Kassavirtanen.

    • What is YEL?

      YEL means pension insurance of an entrepreneur. If your income exceeds 8575,45 Euro starting from 1.1.2023 within the next 12 months, you are 18-70 years old, you don't get old-age pension according to the employment pension acts, and you send your invoices regularly through Kassavirtanen, you have to take YEL-insurance. When you sign in to Kassavirtanen service, you can find a YEL section under your personal information. There you can decide how do you want to handle your YEL payments.

    • Do I pay for health insurance?

      Employer's health insurance contribution deduction (1,53%) is mandatory if the light entrepreneur is estimating the minimum of YEL-limit. If the income is less than YEL-limit (7 645,23€), no health insurance contributions will be charged from the light entrepreneur.

      Read more: Vero.fi

Any questions?

Our customer service is here to help you!